Saturday, September 21, 2013

First Week Down

 Written on September 13th...

Fellow Teachers!

It's hard to believe that we're already one week into school.  I have waited for this moment - day 1, week 1 - for months now (maybe years), and as I look back on it now, I can't believe how quickly (and also how slowly) it went.  

And it's incredible how many things I felt simultaneously while it was happening (yes, sometimes it felt like it was just happening to me, in the passive tense, haha) - terror, anxiety, stress, connectedness, distance, disbelief, immense overwhelm, but most of all, a tingling anticipation of the days to come.  

And of course, this is just the beginning of the beginning, but I wanted to take a moment to step back and be grateful for the joy and challenges ahead.

I'll leave you with two quotes that I absolutely love, especially for this moment in time:

We should be blessed if we lived in the present always, and took advantage of every accident that befell us, like the grass which confesses the influence of the slightest dew that falls on it; and did not spend our time in atoning for the neglect of past opportunities, which we call doing our duty. We loiter in winter while it is already spring.

| Henry David Thoreau |

Perhaps the secret of living well is not in having all the answers, but in pursuing unanswerable questions in good company.
| Rachel Naomi Remen |

Here's to good company!
Ms. Sri

No comments:

Post a Comment